ZAP Solutions teams up with Wall to Wall in launching PSAYDN's website

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Today marks the launch of the new website for the Pennsylvania Statewide Afterschool Youth Development Network (PSAYDN). The ZAP Solutions development team partnered with design agency Wall to Wall to bring this website to life. We were more than happy to complete work for PSAYDN because they are working everyday to improve the lives of our fellow Pennsylvanians. PSAYDN’s mission is to “promote sustainable, high-quality out-of-school time youth development programs through advocacy and capacity building to enhance the welfare of Pennsylvania’s children, youth and families.”

PSAYDN delivers on their mission through local and statewide partnerships with such organizations at Big Brothers and Big Sisters, the Department of Human Services in Allegheny County, and the Children’s Museum. Children spend 20% of their time in school, and in families with 2 working parents, sometimes children are expected to take care of themselves once the school day is over. PSAYDN is here to ensure that the other 80% of their day is spent in a safe, constructive, and positive environment. The U.S. Department of Education reports that students who participate in afterschool programs receive many benefits, such as better grades in school, more academic opportunities, improved peer relations, and fewer incidences of drug use, violence, and pregnancy.

The website was built to serve as an informational tool for those who want to learn more about PSAYDN’s mission. On the site, one can also sign up for membership, browse upcoming events on the calendar, and apply for jobs with PSAYDN. We are happy to know that our participation in building this website will have far-reaching effects in improving the lives of children and families throughout Pennsylvania.